Start Up Visa Program
As a reputable Canada immigration agency, we specialize in assisting entrepreneurs who are interested in starting up
a business in Canada. Through the Canada Start-Up Visa program, eligible immigrant entrepreneurs can obtain
Canadian permanent residence.
This program aims to attract innovative business owners and connect them with various private sector entities, including angel investor groups, venture capital funds, and business incubators. By participating in this program, entrepreneurs can not only establish their start-up ventures in Canada but also benefit from the advantages of Canada Express Entry points. Our team of experts is dedicated to providing comprehensive guidance and support throughout the application process.
Contact us today to explore the opportunities available to you and embark on your entrepreneurial journey in Canada.
Applicants to Canada’s Start-Up Visa program must meet four basic eligibility requirements:
- 1. Have a qualifying business
- 2. Secure a Commitment Certificate and Letter of Support from a designated entity
- 3. Possess adequate unencumbered and transferable settlement funds, which should be updated annually, following the same requirements as skilled workers.
- 4. Demonstrate proficient language skills in English or French by achieving a Canadian Language Benchmark level 5 or above in standardized tests.
The required commitment from a designated entity must meet the following criteria:
- A designated angel investor group must provide confirmation of a minimum investment of $75,000 into the qualifying business, or the applicant must obtain commitments from two or more designated angel investor groups that total at least $75,000.
- A designated venture capital fund must provide confirmation of a minimum investment of $200,000 into the qualifying business, or the applicant must obtain commitments from two or more designated venture capital funds that total at least $200,000.
- A designated business incubator must provide confirmation of accepting the applicant into its business incubator program.
- The applicant must possess a minimum of 10 percent of the voting rights in the corporation.
- No other individual has ownership of 50 percent or more of the total voting rights in the corporation.
- A letter of support from the designated entity; and
- Proof they have sufficient funds to meet the low-income cut-off (LICO) for their family size, for one year.
- Applicants must be actively involved in the management of the business within Canada;
- The operations of the business, or an essential part, must take place in Canada; and
- The business must be incorporated in Canada.
In order to qualify, the intended business must be incorporated and carrying on business in Canada at the time the commitment is made and:
Are you considering starting up a business in Canada?
Our Canada immigration agency specializes in assisting individuals with Canada skilled immigration and the easiest
way to immigrate to Canada.
Through the Canada Express Entry points system, we can help you navigate the process of moving to Canada and establishing your company start-up. It's important to note that a maximum of five applicants can be linked to the same business investment for their permanent residence application.
However, certain applicants may be considered essential to the success of the business. If any essential applicant withdraws or is refused, it may impact the applications of the other applicants involved.
If you have a Commitment Certificate from a designated entity, you may even be eligible for a short-term work permit to work in the business while your permanent residence application is being processed.
As a trusted partner of Citizenship and Immigration Canada, our experienced team is here to guide you every step of the way as you embark on your journey of starting up a business and moving to Canada.